13 April 2017
Germany Modifies EN 60335-2-14 Standard on Table Blenders
On January 25, 2017, the German National Technology Safety Center (ZLS) published Decision EK1 646-16, modifying parts of clause 20.2 in the EN 60335-2-14 standard.
Implementation Date for Decision EK 1 646-16
On January 25 2017, the German National Technology Safety Center (ZLS) published Decision EK1 646-16, modifying parts of clause 20.2 in the EN 60335-2-14 standard on January 25, 2017, and is classified as type B.
Ongoing GS-certification and test projects already have to consider this resolution. Existing GS-certificates will be cancelled by end of July, 2017, if no design changes are made to fulfill the new requirements.
Technical Highlights of EK 1 646-16
- The change in EN 60335-2-14, clause 20.2 deletes the paragraph related to the test finger having a circular stop face with a diameter of 125mm, when testing blenders
- Clause 22.112 that states “Blades shall stop within 1.5s after the lid has been opened or removed” is also applicable to blenders
- Clause 22.113 (concerning interlocks) is also applicable for blenders
- Clause 22.114 (concerning detachable parts removed) is also applicable for blenders
The contents of this decision have to be considered not only for the described product, but also for the entire corresponding product category.
- Product Safety Act (1. ProdSG from March 17, 2016)
- Low Voltage Directive 2014/35/EU
- EN 60335-1:2012 +A11:2014 +AC:2014
- EN 60335-2-14:2006 A1:2008 +A11:2012
As the world’s leader in third party testing SGS has the global knowledge and local expertise to help you achieve compliance with Electrical & Electronics regulations covering product safety, EMC, hazardous substances (RoHS, REACH, SVHC etc), energy efficiency, Ecodesign, ErP, Performance and Reliability as well as with many other consumer product related requirements. Whether you are in need of testing or services in the fields of inspection, certification, compliance assurance, outsourcing, training or auditing, SGS is ideally positioned to satisfy your needs.
For further information on what SGS Electrical & Electronics can do for you please visit: www.sgs.com/ee.