10 Jan 2007
The Perfect Package(HKTDC Gifts, Premium & Stationery, Vol 01,2007)
Nothing beats Hong Kong Trade Development Council trade publications for fast, efficient and precise sourcing - just ask Charles Drapers.
The director of Hong Kong trading firm Largent Co Ltd has been a subscriber to the council's flagship publication Hong Kong Enterprise since 1996.
"Hong Kong Enterprise was by far the most efficient sourcing tool available in the mid-1990s," Drapers recalls. "Websites were not commonly used in those days for product sourcing in Hong Kong and on the Chinese mainland."
Later on, the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (TDC) website and other Internet-based sourcing tools became increasingly important.
"However, they cannot fully replace the paper version of Hong Kong Enterprise," Drapers believes.
He says history has shown that over the years his firm has conducted more business and better business with suppliers found from Hong Kong Enterprise than from any other magazine. "The supplier who chooses an excellent and well-established marketing channel like Hong Kong Enterprise is more likely to be a trustworthy supplier himself," Drapers maintains.
Buyers and advertisers all over the world obviously share Drapers' sentiments because the TDC distributes two million-plus copies of 14 trade magazine titles globally each year.
Besides Hong Kong Enterprise, the TDC's comprehensive product magazine portfolio includes:
- Hong Kong Apparel
- Hong Kong Electronics
- Hong Kong Fabrics & Accessories
- Hong Kong Footwear
- Hong Kong Gifts, Premiums & Stationery
- Hong Kong Jewellery Collection
- Hong Kong Leather Goods & Bags
- Hong Kong Watches & Clocks
- Hong Kong Electronic Components & Parts
- Hong Kong Household
- Hong Kong Optical
- Hong Kong Packaging
- Hong Kong Toys
Indispensable sourcing tools, these magazines contain hundreds of advertisements from leading suppliers as well as informative feature articles that highlight the latest products and industry trends.
The time-honoured advantages of the TDC product magazine catalogue have lately been augmented by www.tdctrade.com.
Currently hosting more than 100,000 reputable suppliers from Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and other manufacturing centres worldwide, www.tdctrade.com is continually updated to ensure that it features the very latest products and services available.
More than 600,000 buyers are already benefiting from www.tdctrade.com, which offers:
- easy online sourcing - search by product category or keyword, company name, brand or region
- the ability to browse product information and view enlarged photos in the showroom
- access to company websites via a dedicated hotlink
- targeted emails that provide updated company and product information
Buyers can even become acquainted with a company, its products and factory operations wherever they may be and whenever they want via the Video Link service that is only found on www.tdctrade.com.
Buyers and suppliers will find even more vital information at www.tdctrade.com, which provides an unsurpassed suite of essential services such as:
- sourcing - connecting buyers and suppliers worldwide in real time
- Hong Kong trade events - updating more than 30 world-class exhibitions
- worldwide trade events - detailing crucial international expos
- market intelligence providing timely information, global business trends and insightful analysis
- industry focus - evaluating trends in five product and seven service industries
- small business resources - offering a one-stop information, seminar, tips and tools service
As if that isn't sufficiently comprehensive, the TDC also organises more than 30 international trade fairs a year and participates in some 200 international trade fairs worldwide.
This unique blend of product magazines, websites and trade shows gives buyers round-the-clock access to the huge array of products and services available in the world's sourcing centre.
Given this exclusive combination of products and services, astute buyers in search of superior sourcing solutions will continue to choose the perfect package provided by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council.
WRITTEN BY JAMES PALMER