20 April 2016
EU Domestic Furniture EN 14749:2016 - Safety requirements and test methods domestic and kitchen storage units
EN 14749:2016 has published. This European Standard specifies safety requirements and test methods for all types of kitchen and bathroom storage units and domestic storage furniture and their components.
Compared to EN 14749:2005, the following modifications have been made:
- Most of the test methods have been removed and replaced by reference to EN 16122:2012 – domestic and non domestic storage furniture – test method for the determination of strength, durability and stability.
- Terms and definition have been extended especially for the clear space of a drawer.
- Test for the stability of TV-furniture has been added.
- Some stability tests are stricter.
- Lids test now refer to En 71-1:2014 §8.31.2.
- Requirements for heavy appliances (e.g. refrigerator, washing machine) have been added.
- Overload test for wall hanging units take into account sinks and drawers.
- Product information is now required.
This European Standard shall be given the status of a national standard, either by publication of an
Identical text or by endorsement, at the latest by August 2016, and conflicting national standards shall
be withdrawn at the latest by February 2017.
Email SGS Hong Kong Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries or visit http://www.sgsgroup.com.hk.