11 Sept 2006
The Only Choice(HKTDC Fashion - Fabrics & Accessories, Vol 01,2007)
The head of one of the UK's leading gift supply companies is a man who realises the value of prompt, efficient and cost-effective sourcing.
Elizabeth Carrington Ltd managing director Mike Lane knows exactly where to turn when he wants the very latest stationery, wood, glass and metal photo frames, jewellery boxes, stainless steel, nickel, glass, resin and ceramic home-living items, games, clocks and accessories.
"Some 25% of the products in our new range were acquired through tdctrade.com sourcing," he revealed recently. "This is truly amazing and complements our visits to Hong Kong trade fairs perfectly."
Lane is just one of thousands of satisfied buyers who found exactly what they were searching for on the world-class sourcing website - http://sourcing.tdctrade.com - developed by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council (TDC) as a key element of the tdctrade.com portal.
The sourcing section of the tdctrade.com website currently hosts more than 100,000 reputable suppliers from Hong Kong, the Chinese mainland and Taiwan and is continually updated to ensure that it features the very latest products and services available.
Little wonder that more than 600,000 buyers are already benefiting from tdctrade.com sourcing, which offers:
- easy online sourcing - search by product category or keyword, company name, brand or region
- the ability to browse product information and view enlarged photos in the showroom
- access to company websites via a dedicated hotlink
- targeted emails that provide updated company and product information
The tdctrade.com sourcing website even offers a unique Video Link service that lets buyers familiarise themselves with a company, its products and factory operations wherever they may be and whenever they want.
This unique collection of online sourcing services is further augmented by the two million-plus copies of 14 trade magazine titles TDC publishes and distributes worldwide each year.
Flagship publication Hong Kong Enterprise is flanked by a portfolio of high-quality magazines including:
- Hong Kong Apparel
- Hong Kong Electronics
- Hong Kong Fabrics & Accessories
- Hong Kong Footwear
- Hong Kong Gifts, Premiums & Stationery
- Hong Kong Jewellery
- Hong Kong Leather Goods & Bags
- Hong Kong Watches & Clocks
- Hong Kong Electronic Components & Parts
- Hong Kong Household
- Hong Kong Optical
- Hong Kong Packaging
- Hong Kong Toys
Packed with informative feature articles spotlighting the latest industry trends, these magazines also contain hundreds of advertisements that make sourcing simple.
In addition, the TDC organises more than 20 international trade fairs a year and participates in some 200 international trade fairs worldwide, giving buyers virtual non-stop access to the huge array of products and services available in the world's sourcing centre.
These invaluable sourcing tools are part of Asia's premier trade information and services portal tdctrade.com, which provides an unsurpassed suite of essential services such as:
- sourcing - connecting buyers and suppliers worldwide in real time
- Hong Kong trade events - updating more than 20 world-
- class exhibitions
- worldwide trade events - detailing crucial international expos
- market intelligence - providing timely information, global business trends and insightful analysis
- industry focus - evaluating trends in five product and seven service industries
- small business resources - offering a one-stop information, seminar, tips and tools service
Clearly, this exclusive combination of business resources makes the TDC the only choice for discerning buyers when it comes to super sourcing solutions.
WRITTEN BY JAMES PALMER