10 July 2018
China Implements Revised Product Standard - FZ/T 73032-2017 (Knitted Jeanswear)
The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology announced the newly revised Industry Standard for Knitted Jeanswear, FZ/T 73032-2017. It was officially implemented on April 1, 2018. The newly revised version replaces FZ/T 73032-2009.
FZ/T 73032-2017 applies to knitted jeanswear. It does not cover infant clothing for ages 36 months or less.
Main Technical Changes
The new version of the standard contains several technical revisions including:
- Revision of the scope of the standard, the judgement of fiber content, and the test method for seam strength of trouser back rise
- Adjusted the technical requirements for bursting strength, dimensional change after washing, spirality after washing and specification difference in symmetrical position
- Added the technical requirements and test methods for pilling, colorfastness to washing, abrasion resistance and appearance quality after washing
- Added the calculated formula for dimensional change after washing
- Added the example of measurement points for jeanswear dresses for before and after washing and appearance quality
- Deleted the requirement for colorfastness to saliva
- Refined the rule for the rating of surface defect
The new edition of the standard lists tests for:
Fiber content, Formaldehyde content, pH value, Decomposable carcinogenic arylamine dyes, Odor, Bursting strength, Seam strength of trouser back rise, Dimensional change after washing, Spirality after washing, Pilling, Colorfastness to water, Colorfastness to perspiration, Colorfastness to washing, Colorfastness to dry rubbing, Colorfastness to light, Abrasion resistance and Appearance quality after washing.
Details of The Technical Content
For more information, please refer to the Standard FZ/T 73032-2017 (Knitted Jeanswear) or contact SGS directly.
SGS Global Softlines has an extensive network of over 40 laboratories worldwide, with a strong team of committed professionals from multi-disciplinary backgrounds. Our internationally accredited state-of-the-art testing laboratories offer a comprehensive range of physical, chemical and functional testing services for components, materials and finished products. We help your company ensure quality, performance and compliance with international, industrial and regulatory standards worldwide. Discover more at www.sgs.com/softlines.